A well-maintained HVAC system can ensure that your home or building remains comfortable without a huge energy cost. On the flip side, if you don’t have regular maintenance performed on your heating …Read More
Dryer Vent Duct Cleaning
J & J air duct dryer vent cleaning: for residential, commercial buildings or high-rise buildings.
Are your clothes not drying completely? Tired of high energy bills? Does your commercial building or high rise building needs to comply with certain fire hazard safety codes? No problem!
It may not be your dryer… it may be that your exhaust vent and dryer ducts are clogged with lint and debris. J & J Air Duct Cleaning & Decontamination can clean and take care of any dryer vent issues. We offer dryer vent cleaning for exhaust systems in single and multifamily dwellings, multiple stories, apartment complexes, high rises, hotels, casinos, commercial buildings, and property management companies. It can be easy to forget about your air ducts if there haven’t been any major issues with their operation. However, this does not mean something isn’t going wrong, or could go wrong in the future.
Why is cleaning dryer vents so important?
- Saves Money: Clogged vents may cause the dryer to work harder, for longer periods of time. This will cost more, and over time will shorten the life of the appliance.
- Saves Energy: A clogged or restricted dryer vent system will force your electric motor to work harder, and increase your drying time and power and/or gas consumption.
- Fire Hazard: A clogged or restricted dryer vent system will increase the risk of a fire.
- Time and Efficiency: A clogged dryer vent system will make it take longer for clothes to dry.
- Appliance Equipment Life: A clogged dryer vent will decrease the life expectancy of your appliances and will increase your maintenance cost.
How often should I get my dryer vents cleaned?
Most vents should be inspected and cleaned at least once every year. The age of the dryer, its usage frequency, and the turns and length of the dryer duct vent will determine how often your system should be cleaned. Some dryer vents need attention more often, specifically commercial dryer ducts.
Cleaning the dryer air duct will make your dryer more efficient, will cause less damage to clothing, and you will get less dust and lower humidity. A clean dryer duct helps your clothes dry faster, saving time for you and your busy family.
Other important reasons for dryer vent cleaning:
- Dryer vents are one of today’s leading causes of house fires. Lint, dirt, and dust rapidly accumulate throughout the vents, which in turn can lead to insufficient airflow that can cause the dryer to overheat. Vent cleaning is a routine maintenance procedure that is often overlooked. This annual, or semi-annual, maintenance can drastically reduce the threat of a fire.
- Dryer vent cleaning is an easy, inexpensive way to keep your family or place of work safe.
Contact your local HVAC cleaning experts here at J & J Air Duct Cleaning & Decontamination to clean out your dryer vents. We also offer a full air duct cleaning and filter maintenance on both residential and commercial properties. Call us or get a free estimate!